[Scribus] How do you import one .sla file into another?

Stewart Noy windrunner
Thu May 24 17:26:36 CEST 2007

Ok, so Page, Import, and then import the desired .sla file.
But after doing this, almost always the doc is imported with no pictures.

The only way I have found it works is to Collect for Output the doc to a
folder on the desktop, but even then it doesn't work everytime.
Is there a trick to it?
I have a 220 odd page book split into 7 chapters that I would like to work
on individually with one being 100 pages with lots of pictures - don't want
to get to the end and find I have to rework all pics!

I'm using 1.3.3.8 on Windows XP.

Cheers

Stewart