[Scribus] Spell checking

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon May 21 16:23:11 CEST 2007

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> 2007/5/21, m8130 at abc.se <mailto:m8130 at abc.se> <m8130 at abc.se
> <mailto:m8130 at abc.se>>:
>
>     And then it should also be possible to set another language per:
>     -Section
>     -Text frame
>     -Paragraph
>     -Text (to be able to mark individual words as being another language)
>

> This is exactly what will happen, through the charstyle. Based on what
> I discussed with avox at LGM, one could easily fill a text frame with
> as many as wanted strings in just any language Scribus can support.
At some point this gets quite complex, and in the end still becomes the
responsibility and job of the editor (person, not software).
One wonders if there might be a need for a "word style" or some variant
of character style to accomplish various tasks such as this. Andreas is
probably in the best position to say whether the framework he has set up
will lend itself to alterations to accommodate such things.

I see now that some open source software is beginning to develop grammar
checking software as well...

Greg