[Scribus] Laidout - Impositioning

Tom Lechner lechner
Thu May 17 07:55:53 CEST 2007

From: Eddie Armstrong <eddie_armstrong at ntlworld.com>:
> Tom (et al)
> viewed your 30 sided Rhombic Triacontahedron' layout,&nbsp; and your
> image warping demo both of which are very impressive and must ask:
>
> 1: for attempting this all on your own - are you Crazy?  :-)
> if not;
> 2: Why reinvent the wheel = couldn't you make your Laidout functions
> available as Scribus plug-ins?
> Just an idea!
> Eddie

I've worked on Laidout gradually over the last 3 years or so, kind of
in between various other art projects. Each bout of programming has
been just one little step that helps me make my cartoon books just a
little more  easily.

Well, one day follows the next, and suddenly after a couple years,
there was Laidout with wacky impositioning and image warping. I never
really intended to spend so much time on it... I do tend to use Scribus
to make pdfs. No single program is going to do everthing right for
everyone.

In any case, I look on with interest to see how the Scribus imposition
Summer of Code comes along. Mateusz! non-rectangular pages! It's the
future! If not that, might I suggest that the booklet mode double as a
vertically oriented booklet, i.e. a wall calendar?

Tom
--------
http://www.laidout.org
http://www.tomlechner.com