[Scribus] Preview mode => crash (1.3.4cvs20070513)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Tue May 15 00:23:53 CEST 2007

Am Montag, 14. Mai 2007 23:50 schrieb Oleksandr Moskalenko:

> * Pollute your system with stuff installed into /usr/local and watch it
> crash and burn eventually.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex.

Why put the stuff any where under /usr/ where it is likely to cause crashes? I
install all the stuff I build from source under /opt, including libs. That
way I can try what I want without poisoning my system.

intrigeri's problem can be easily solved: Install a current Cairo
under /opt/new-cairo, then run
cmake . -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX:PATH=/opt/scribus134cvs -DWANT_CAIRO=1 -DPREFIX_CAIRO:PATH=/opt/new-cairo

That way, the system will stay clean.

Christoph