[Scribus] booklet printing

William F. Maddock billsey
Mon May 14 21:26:18 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----

How difficult would it be to impliment such a function in scribus? I have seen the "booklet" function in some HP printer drivers on Windows, and PageStream at least USED to have a script that did it (and on the coding side, PageStream is a one-man operation. Is it acceptable for a one-man operation to accomplish more than the scribus TEAM?).

You see, what I am thinking here is that scribus already has to have coding objects set up for pages, right? It seems to me that it shouldn't be that much work to add a function that would reorder and scale those already-existing objects to accomplish a booklet function. I, however, though I might have some good ideas, am not a coder. If this is not feasible, let me know.