[Scribus] Preview mode => crash (1.3.4cvs20070513)

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Mon May 14 23:50:43 CEST 2007

* intrigeri <intrigeri at boum.org> [2007-05-14 22:37:11 +0200]:

> Craig Bradney wrote (14 May 2007 20:30:21 GMT) :
> > What version of cairo are you using? Please file a bug if you are
> > using cairo 1.2.6/1.4.0/1.4.2/1.4.6. If you are using 1.4.4, then
> > please upgrade and retest. You might as well put in a bug with
> > a trace and steps to reproduce anyway so we can test.
>
> I?m using Debian etch?s 1.2.4-4, and would prefer to avoid installing
> a new version in /usr/local/, but if it?s really needed...
>
> Ciao,

If you are set on using etch (stable), which will not see any libcairo2
updates and it is known that 1.2.4 is too old for Scribus then my question is
- why are you building with Cairo in the first place? The solutions seem to
present themselves in the following order:

* Use my etch package built with libart, which works well, or build your own
if you are really intent on doing your own compilation, but still with
libart-2.0 not libcairo2.

* Dist-Upgrade to Sid or wait until Lenny (Testing) will get current libcairo2
(1.4.6) from sid and then dist-upgrade to lenny.

* Backport libcairo2 to etch on your own by doing a rebuild of a source
package or wait until we switch to cairo after 1.3.4 release and I am forced
to start backporting it to etch anyway.

* Pollute your system with stuff installed into /usr/local and watch it crash
and burn eventually.

Regards,

Alex.