[Scribus] Preview mode => crash (1.3.4cvs20070513)
Mon May 14 23:50:43 CEST 2007
* intrigeri <intrigeri at boum.org> [2007-05-14 22:37:11 +0200]:
> Craig Bradney wrote (14 May 2007 20:30:21 GMT) :
> > What version of cairo are you using? Please file a bug if you are
> > using cairo 1.2.6/1.4.0/1.4.2/1.4.6. If you are using 1.4.4, then
> > please upgrade and retest. You might as well put in a bug with
> > a trace and steps to reproduce anyway so we can test.
> I?m using Debian etch?s 1.2.4-4, and would prefer to avoid installing
> a new version in /usr/local/, but if it?s really needed...
If you are set on using etch (stable), which will not see any libcairo2
updates and it is known that 1.2.4 is too old for Scribus then my question is
- why are you building with Cairo in the first place? The solutions seem to
present themselves in the following order:
* Use my etch package built with libart, which works well, or build your own
if you are really intent on doing your own compilation, but still with
libart-2.0 not libcairo2.
* Dist-Upgrade to Sid or wait until Lenny (Testing) will get current libcairo2
(1.4.6) from sid and then dist-upgrade to lenny.
* Backport libcairo2 to etch on your own by doing a rebuild of a source
package or wait until we switch to cairo after 1.3.4 release and I am forced
to start backporting it to etch anyway.
* Pollute your system with stuff installed into /usr/local and watch it crash
and burn eventually.
More information about the scribus