[Scribus] Spell checking

Craig Ringer craig
Thu May 10 06:46:48 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> I'm not a Scribus Team member, but here are some links to check:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Plugin_Architecture
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=pluginhowto&page=plugin_howto

The easiest way to get started with a plugin is to build it in tree by
cloning the `myplugin' directory in scribus/plugins/ , replacing all
uses of `MyPlugin', 'myplugin' and MYPLUGIN with your plugin name, and
inserting the subdir into scribus/plugins/CMakeLists.txt . In general,
we want to include good plugins in the tree anyway, and external plugin
builds aren't really tested properly at the moment. For autotools builds
you also need to remove the `noinst_' prefix in Makefile.am .

The autotools information is out of date and is now misleading, so we'll
have to do something about that.

Plugins currently use Scribus's internal APIs directly. This means that
the way you get at text is very different between the trunk builds and
1.3.3.x builds. You can probably get a helping hand with text extraction
on IRC.

--
Craig Ringer