[Scribus] Scribus CVS and Icons

Roger hovergo
Thu May 10 03:11:06 CEST 2007

> I have successfully got Scribus 1.3.3.8 to work under FC6 -- but
> > The cvs download i836 ver 1.3.3.8 currently available did not provide the icons
> > in the menu bars

If you build from cvs, it wont provide icons. You can do one or two things;

Just start it from the command line or
Add an icon yourself to the desktop or where ever, you will find appropriate
icons in

/install/prefix/share/scribus/icons

Icons are provided in distros via the courtesy of the packagers. Different for
each distro

No thats not what i meant. I understand that part.  I simply use the Add To
Panel tool to create my own.
However I meant that when Scribus has started and is ready to receive text or
images on a blank page , the selection menu bars at the top  of the work space
are blank. no drop downs, no Properties dialog, nothing but a blank work space
with blank  grey menu bars. file, Insert, Edit, etc not present.

I go to the scribus folder and use the icon supplied therein.
Roger