[Scribus] rank beginner needs help!!

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon May 7 22:43:46 CEST 2007

Frank Emens wrote:
> I've been trying to do something (anything) with Scribus to see how (and if) it'll be of use in
> preparing a 6-page newsletter for publication. Every way I've tried to import text into a text
> block results in a block full of empty, letter-sized square symbols -- no text at all.\
>
> I'm assuming that it may have something to do with specifying the text translation code used
> to import the text, but haven't been able to do anything to correct it.
>
> Does anybody have advice to offer?

If you go to Story Editor, then from the menu Insert > Insert Glyph and
check the Full Character Set, you will see what Glyphs you have
available to you in a particular font. If it's not there, that font
cannot print that character.

This can help sometimes when you're "fishing" for a suitable font.

Greg