[Scribus] How works ctrl+return? Multiple Master-Pages?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon May 7 03:55:13 CEST 2007

mamem at gmx.net wrote:
> Bonjour,
> - Is there any possibility to use two or more masterpages at the same
> time? I would like to use one masterpage for all the document, and 4 or 5
> others with changes for the chapters. So mix them on the fly.
> I have seen that there are Layers. Could they do this job? In fact, I
> have one textframe with same content I would like insert on every
> page, and change the content for every pdf created...
> Has anybody some practical ideas concerning this?

First start by going over the wiki article on Master pages:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_Master_Pages
the whole idea is that you can have as many as you want.
Also see:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Get_Started_With_Scribus:6#Make_A_Page_Template_.28Master_Pages_in_1.3.x.29
from the Get Started With Scribus tutorial.

To change a particular textframe content, you would have to edit the
Master page as shown in the wiki.
Depending on your needs, you could have a number of Master pages with
slight variations to exchange as needed, but each page can only have one
Master Page applied at a time.

Greg