[Scribus] font artifacts on Scribus PDFs

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Fri May 4 18:41:01 CEST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 17:39, John Beale wrote:
>  >...sans serif fonts, will look ugly in AR, especially "l" or "ll".
>
> Which version of Scribus is this?

1338.

> I'm using WinXP SP2. I had this problem
> with Scribus 1.3.3.2, but it was fixed somewhere before the 1.3.3.8 version
> that I currently use. You can see the difference in 100% screenshots of
> PDFs in Adobe Acrobat generated from the same .sla file, using Scribus
> 1.3.3.2 and 1.3.3.8 here:
>
> http://www.bealecorner.com/D30/misc/Scribus-1338-font-fix.png

Interesting. I would guess Arial went from "outline" to "embedded" which fixed
that. I can reproduce your problem if I force Arial to be outlined on the PDF
export preferences. Embedding arial works fine.

I am now convinced that there is a problem with outlining the "l" character.

BR
Gustavo

Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt