[Scribus] font artifacts on Scribus PDFs

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Fri May 4 17:38:58 CEST 2007

Hi Christoph,

> > What could be the problem here?
> >

> Hi Gustavo,
>
> the issue has been discussed a hundred times or so.

I apologize for making it 101, or so :-). It's the first time it impacts our
work.

> Some fonts, mostly sans
> serif fonts, will look ugly in AR, especially "l" or "ll".

But is this a Scribus issue or a font issue? These fonts are used with other
programs for real work and I heard no complaints so far.

> But it's just a
> screen effect. As you noticed, the pdf files print flawlessly.

Yes, it does but we need a version for on-screen viewing.

> As to outlining fonts, it seems you are working with OpenType fonts. OTF
> can't be embedded in PDF files. They are outlined automatically. See:

Again, is this a matter of how Scribus outlines the font? Since the font is
outlined the source of the problem seems not to be Adoba Reader, right?

Thanks!
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt