[Scribus] From publisher to scribus

Internet Fundraising info
Tue May 1 13:19:45 CEST 2007

Thanks Louis,
but with scribus I can import not .odt files but .sxd files and with
open office I can't create an .sxd files from an .odt

This is the problem

ciao

francesco

Louis Desjardins ha scritto:
> 2007/5/1, Internet Fundraising <info at internet-fundraising.it
> <mailto:info at internet-fundraising.it>>: files
>
>     Just to let you know that this part of the wiki
>     http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus
>
>     doesn't work very well. With open office 2.2 you can't save a .sxw
>     file
>     in a .sxd format file.
>

> Buon giorno Francesco!
>
> The wiki needs a little update but the explanation and steps works
> nonetheless. OO.o 2.2 saves to .odt which can be imported into Scribus
> 1.3.3.x
>
>     So how to migrate from publisher to scribus? I'm recently change
>     my OS
>     (from windows to linux) and it's not so easy to convert all my
>     publisher
>     files in scribus.
>

> This task is, as such, not really possible. Basically, you will need
> to rebuilt your document in Scribus. Also, it depends on what you
> intend to do with your Publisher files. Do you need to edit them? Or
> simply have access to their content? In this last case you could
> produce PDFs out of your Publisher files and still be able to read
> them on your Linux machine, and even import them as images in Scribus.
> If you need to edit the content, then you need to follow the steps as
> described on the wiki. There could be a few options for you depending
> on what your real need is, with regards to your Publisher files.
>
> Spero che questo ti aiutera!
>
> Louis
>
>     Do you know how to do it?
>
>     Francesco

> --
> Louis Desjardins
> Organisateur / Organiser
> Libre Graphics Meeting 2007 - Montr?al
> www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/fr <http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/fr>
> www.libregraphicsmeeting.org <http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org>
> +1 514 934 1353 HAE / EDT GMT -4

Francesco Santini

Consulente Comunicazione online per il nonprofit e la raccolta fondi
Socio AFP (Associazione Mondiale Fundraiser Professionisti)
Partner Green Centrale Etica

Cell. 349-5769066
Fax. 178-2222701
info at internet-fundraising.it