[Scribus] From publisher to scribus

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Tue May 1 12:51:56 CEST 2007

2007/5/1, Internet Fundraising <info at internet-fundraising.it>:

> Just to let you know that this part of the wiki
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Import_Publisher_to_Scribus
>
> doesn't work very well. With open office 2.2 you can't save a .sxw file
> in a .sxd format file.

Buon giorno Francesco!

The wiki needs a little update but the explanation and steps works
nonetheless. OO.o 2.2 saves to .odt which can be imported into Scribus
1.3.3.x

So how to migrate from publisher to scribus? I'm recently change my OS
> (from windows to linux) and it's not so easy to convert all my publisher
> files in scribus.

This task is, as such, not really possible. Basically, you will need to
rebuilt your document in Scribus. Also, it depends on what you intend to do
with your Publisher files. Do you need to edit them? Or simply have access
to their content? In this last case you could produce PDFs out of your
Publisher files and still be able to read them on your Linux machine, and
even import them as images in Scribus. If you need to edit the content, then
you need to follow the steps as described on the wiki. There could be a few
options for you depending on what your real need is, with regards to your
Publisher files.

Spero che questo ti aiutera!

Louis

Do you know how to do it?