[Scribus] PDF generated from Scribus doesn't print right

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Tue Mar 27 21:06:05 CEST 2007

Gustavo Homem a ?crit :

>>>This was tested on two printers with the same Linux version, and we got
>>>the pixelized result on both.
>>
>>I am beginning to see. I think you need to scan such a document at
>>higher resolution to get the type to print clean. At least use 1200 x
>>1200 pixels.
>

> no, the problem is only on the left side, please see:
>
> http://people.angulosolido.pt/~gustavo/scribus/probPDF/print_result.png

Hi Gustavo,

Based on the info we have so far, this page is built out of 2 PDFs and
one of them has been produced with unsufficient resolution. It has been
treated as an image, so basically one could say this is not a PDF in the
sense a PDF is vector with images included into it.

If there is a bug in Scribus, you should be able to reproduce it. That
is, import 2 PDFs like these and output them...

In short, I think the source of the issue is the image on the left.

No matter what are the settings you used to create the final PDF in
Scribus, I don't know any ways of affecting only one image and not all
image at the same time.

I would go back to the original PDFs and I would even go further
upstream to the source to find out where in the process that low
resolution occured.

HTH

Louis