[Scribus] Change Scale Output PDF

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Mar 26 15:13:57 CEST 2007

supriyanto wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a question with output pdf on scribus.
>
> How to make or print a pdf format to a smaller size than it used to be?
> For example, We have a magazine with a regular size (standard) and a
> economic size. We want to make it smaller sizes, for example: from
> 200x280 mm in regular size to 100x140 mm in economic size.
> Are there easy way to make it happens? or, with some tools, feature, or
> script in Scribus?.
> With Adobe Indesign, we can do it by down rate the scale from 100% to
> XXX%, when we're about to print out.
> I already search this problem in wiki scribus and google, but I can't
> found solution this problem.

One method is to use psutils, as a variation of what you see here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/How_to_make_a_booklet#Method_A:_using_psutils_only

You will convert your pdf to ps, do your resizing, then convert the ps
back to pdf. The syntax is a bit tricky, but once you get it the process
is simple, actually.

If you are using Windows, psutils is available for Windows also:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/psutils.htm

Greg