[Scribus] Error during configure 1.3.3.8

Pier Luigi Cinquantini plcinquantini
Sun Mar 25 10:30:27 CEST 2007

Je Sabato 24 Marto 2007 19:53, Craig Ringer skribis:
> Pier Luigi Cinquantini wrote:
> > Je Sabato 24 Marto 2007 15:08, Gregory Pittman skribis:
> >> It's not finding your X11 header files for some reason. See if you have
> >> a /usr/include/X11 directory. That's where they might be.
> >
> > Here is what is under /usr/include
>
> [snip]
>
> Nope, no X11.
>
> Are you _sure_ you've read the installation instructions in the BUILDING
> file? They should tell you what you need to know to get Scribus
> installed. If it doesn't, if you can tell me what you've already tried
> that'll help me understand what might need improving in that documentation.

Maybe some little drawings? :-)

I'm sorry, but my experience in "programming" up to now is only in Scribus
translations (that are not a programming...). In the past I installed 1.3.3.3
version without trouble and I thought this time it would be the same.
I don't contest the clearity of the BUILDING file, maybe I could contest my
intelligence... But maybe in some other fields I could be a little more
clever... (but I have to stretch my mind to find them...).

During the installation I found some messages like this:

error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your
installation!
<<<<<<<

I understood the missing libraries and I installed them.
This time the message wasn't so clear to me:

error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
installation and add the correct paths!
<<<<<<<

I thought about different paths on my distribution and I didn't know what to
do. It would be enough to know it was a normal dependency of libxorg.

So, I found the reason of the error. I installed some dev-libraries libxorg
and afterwards some other libraries and the configure worked well.
Thanks for your patience.
Pier Luigi Cinquantini