[Scribus] Producing per-page diffs of PDFs?

Brian Burger blurdesign
Wed Mar 21 06:25:10 CET 2007

On 3/20/07, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:

> The problem is that text flow over page boundaries will change both text
> and
> image based page-by-page comparisons.  One new paragraph on page 1 can
> affect the next 250 pages.. if you are unlucky.

This is what I'm afraid of - back when TC produced their own in-house
single-page changes, they had to be pretty careful about cascading
overflows. Now that they just reprint the whole blasted book twice a year,
I'll bet they're nowhere near as careful.

I'll play with a couple of smaller PDFs using some of the methods suggested
here, to see if it's worth tackling 480+ pages of the AIM - thanks for all
the feedback, everyone!

Brian