[Scribus] Hyphenation and Justification in Scribus

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer
Sun Mar 18 02:15:46 CET 2007

I am trying to transition to Scribus for the newsletter I publish. I
have a section with justified text. I like to have control over
hyphenation and justification, being able to set a hyphenation zone
and setting limits for adjustment of word spaces (such as 80-133% of
a program's standard word space).

I was unable to find such a setting in Scribus 1.3.3.8 and found no
workarounds in the documentation or wiki. Have I missed something?
It seems to me that a setting for H&J is essential for high-quality
typesetting.

If Scribus currently has no such setting, is it planned for future
releases? If so, how soon can we expect it?

I am using Scribus 1.3.3.8 on VectorLinux 5.8 Standard.

It's a great program. Thanks, developers!
--Judy Miner
  USA

Registered Linux User #397786