[Scribus] updating from CVS

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Mar 17 15:05:40 CET 2007

Something I've noted when updating CVS versions, using cmake, is that
the About Scribus message does not necessarily get updated. Example: the
other day, updating from a 1.3.3.7cvs to 1.3.3.9cvs (or so I thought),
after compilation and installation, the message still said 1.3.3.7cvs.
Doing a 'make clean' doesn't seem to matter.

I'm updating an existing Scribus build directory, and installing into a
pre-existing directory (in my home directory), with the prior version in it.

If I use new directories, like starting from scratch, it's OK.
Where is this About Scribus message coming from? Is there a way of
resetting it, or should I just start all over again each time?

Greg