[Scribus] Short Scribus video tutorials

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Mar 16 01:33:19 CET 2007

Riku Leino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a few video tutorials about common questions which every now
> and then pop up here or the irc channel #scribus at freenode. The videos can
> be found at http://www.saunalahti.fi/rikle/scribus-vids/
>
> This has been an experiment with a really cool desktop recorder called
> recordmydesktop and its frontend called gtk-recordmydesktop. I hope these few
> videos will convince you to create your own Scribus videos (possibly with
> even sound :) I was thinking about spreadding these using youtube or some
> other online video service but the quality with youtube just did not make it
> worth it.

I am impressed.
A suggestion: Think of someone unfamiliar or not so familiar with
Scribus, or even me, somewhat more advanced. In the absence of a
soundtrack (not essential, in my view), you need to think about this
being a silent movie, which requires some word frames to say what's
coming next, or some overlays which say what is going on. As it is, you
see this cursor going around the screen, seeing what's happening, but
not what you're planning to do. Are these editable?
Perhaps we can come up with an accompanying text on the Wiki that is
something like a libretto for this.
I have to say it's fascinating to watch, but a bit like watching someone
else play a video game.
Good work.

Greg