[Scribus] Google Summer of Code 2007

Timo Stollenwerk timo
Thu Mar 15 19:42:37 CET 2007

Hi Steve,

Steve Herrick schrieb:
> I just wrote a long post, and lost it due to timing out. Rather than
> try that again, I'll summarize here.
>
> 1. If Scribus used CSS natively and was network-aware (even if that
> only meant calling wget), then the HTML import could pull in any
> existing web page. That means we wouldn't have to invent a workflow at
> all: any web-based workflow would already work.

What do you mean with scribus using "native css"? I don't think that css
is enough to describe the complexity of a scribus layout. And AFAIK a
simple import mechanism for html is already part of scribus.

> 2. Any CMS could give you a web form that could generate a templated
> (or template-ready) webpage, by allowing any combination of menus,
> fields, and text areas for both content and metadata.

That's true, but I don't think that this is enough for a publishing
workflow. The idea is that any change you made in Scribus is also
written back into the CMS, that content is locked if it is currently
edited in scribus etc. etc..

Maybe I just don't understand your proposal, so please explain your idea
in more detail...

timo