[Scribus] Google Summer of Code 2007

Steve Herrick estebandido
Thu Mar 15 16:56:45 CET 2007

On 3/15/07, Timo Stollenwerk <timo at zmag.de> wrote:
> Hi Calum, Hi Steve,
>
> i've wrote some xslt stylesheets as a proof-of-concept to transform the
> scribus fileformat into something a cms can handle easily:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Draft_of_end-to-end_publishing_solution#Use_Case_.232_Publishing_Workflow_for_Magazine_Layout_.28Timo_Stollenwerk.29
>
> Until now this approach is independent from the choosen cms. Please
> contribute your usecases to the wiki (if you don't have write access,
> mail them to me), so that we can decide together what cms fits best for
> our needs.

I just wrote a long post, and lost it due to timing out. Rather than
try that again, I'll summarize here.

1. If Scribus used CSS natively and was network-aware (even if that
only meant calling wget), then the HTML import could pull in any
existing web page. That means we wouldn't have to invent a workflow at
all: any web-based workflow would already work.

2. Any CMS could give you a web form that could generate a templated
(or template-ready) webpage, by allowing any combination of menus,
fields, and text areas for both content and metadata.

--
Steve Herrick

Que si las manos son nuestras
Es nuestro lo que nos den