[Scribus] Different Distros - different versions of Scribus?

andreas wessel awbochum
Tue Mar 13 05:48:17 CET 2007

> Elaine de Saxe wrote:
> >
> > Which one/s if any, will run the latest Scribus?

Theoretically, you should be able to run the latest version everywhere, as
the source code is accessible.
But out of three ways to install Scribus, this would only be my last choice.

First I would try the "normal" way, the package manager that comes with the
distribution. This is the easiest way, but it could be not the latest
version, as observed when you tried ubuntu. Second option is to get the
package somewhere else, e.g. from the Scribus website/repositories. That did
it for me, I followed the instructions on debian.scribus.net and installed
the latest version without any source code hassle.
Of course, if this won't work with your distro you can just take the source
code and compile it.

If you are "more interested in Scibus than in Linux" I would probably go for
*ubuntu, as it's considered to be the "easiest"..

andi