[Scribus] Vedr. Re: Installing ng - debian

Nicholas Vettese nvettese
Thu Mar 8 20:51:51 CET 2007

It is nice to have a psychic on these lists.  :)

Sorry about the lack of info, but I was thinking that I was just hoping on
from one debian train to another.  I use Feisty, which actually works very
well.  I am hoping to install scribus-ng this weekend.

nick

-----Original Message-----
From: scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
[mailto:scribus-bounces at nashi.altmuehlnet.de] On Behalf Of Oleksandr
Moskalenko
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 12:29 PM
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Vedr. Re: Installing ng - debian

* Nicholas Vettese <nvettese at pdistributors.com> [2007-03-08 08:34:51 -0500]:

> What about for K/Ubuntu users?
>
> Nick

Nick,

Would you be so kind to make your question more specific? If you ask if
there
are packages for ubuntu then the answer is yes. Read
http://debian.scribus.net
for a list, but shortly I have scribus-ng packages for Dapper and Edgy in
our
repositories (and will for Eft when it's released or somebody tells me that
it's different enough from Edgy that Edgy package doesn't work anymore). I
dropped the Breezy package around 1.3.3.7 release as it didn't have recent
cmake and I wasn't keen on searching for a backport, but if there is a
specific request like it happened with Sarge I will put in the effort.

Is the above close to answering what you were asking?

Cheers,

Alex.

http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Sections&req=viewarticle&artid=4&page=
> 1
> > >     I put the adresses in /etc/apt/sources.list
> > >     apt-get update
> >
> > [1]
> >
> > >     Import the keys:
> > >     gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys EEF818CF
> > >     OK
> > >     gpg --armor --export EEF818CF | apt-key add -
> > >     This fails. I don't know why.
> > >     Is there anybody who can give me a hint?
> > >     I run sarge, kernel 2.6.8
> >
> > Hum... That's quite odd that you have this gpg problem with Sarge, if I
> > remember well, Sarge doesn't use package signature verification
> > (debsig), it's just with Etch release that it has been included.
> > Thus, it's normal that gpg --armor --export ... fails, cause apt-key
> > can't work on Sarge (I'm perhaps wrong, but that's what I think).
> >
> > Isn't there any scribus package for Sarge on tagancha.org ?
> >

> > [1] If you don't have an error at this moment, then you don't need th
> > gpg trick.
> > just
> >
> > apt-cache search scribus
> >  (there you must see scribus-ng)
> >
> > then
> >
> > apt-get install scribus-ng
> >
> > See ya.
> >
> > I have tried tagancha to, the same problem. When I do apt-get update I
> don't
> > get any messages. Everything looks nice. But apt-cache search doesn't
give
> > me any scribus-ng. It's kind of strange. Seems like I have o prepare for
> the
> > course on a windows  box - not satisfying at all.. Embrik
> > ==============================
> > ORL (alias Yvette H.)
>

> Embrik,
>
> The problem was that I didn't even have "scribus-ng" built for sarge until
> late last night when I read a log of your conversation with mrdocs in
> #scribus
> IRC channel. Now I do have such a package in our repositories, so you can
> install it. Try refreshing your package database (apt-get update) and
> installing Scribus 1.3 (apt-get install scribus-ng) again. I just tested
the
> installation in my sarge build chroot and it went fine. Frankly, I thought
> nobody would be using Scribus 1.3 on Sarge because it has older
libfreetype6
> (2.1.7) and other things and my understanding is that Scribus works better
> with Etch/Sid versions of such libraries i.e. there can be glitches when
> using
> old libraries. You are quite welcome to try getting your job done on
Sarge,