[Scribus] Silbentrennung/Hyphenation

Matt Gushee matt
Fri Jun 29 00:37:49 CEST 2007

Michael Engel wrote:

>>> It is deselected ! But it still asks me for nearly every word.
>> Then you ran into a bug. What platform and what Scribus version?
>
> Scribus 1.3.4 (I know it is not a stable version but I hope I can make my
> magazine AND help advancing Scribus) on WinXP Pro Japanese

I wonder if the problem has something to do with your locale being set
to Japanese, since Japanese uses very different rules for line endings,
and doesn't have hyphenation per se.

Do you know a way to override the locale settings in Windows--i.e. make
Scribus think it is running in a German (or English, or whatever)
environment)? I assume it is possible, but I'm strictly a Linux guy so I
can't make any detailed suggestions.

--
Matt Gushee