[Scribus] Scribus on Mac

William F. Maddock billsey
Tue Jun 26 21:11:22 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----

The first "trick" is simply an example of what is known as "Graphics Masking", that is, using a vector path to mask off various parts of a bit-mapped graphic. PageStream has done it for years, and does it quickly, even on old, slow machines. It's a great feature to have, if it can be done right. I suspect that much of the time taken to do your trick involves that fact that there are actually many, many sub-paths involved, rather than just a few of them. It can be a particularly useful effect for headlines.