[Scribus] Imposition Tools and PDFEditor Application

avox avox
Mon Jun 25 12:06:56 CEST 2007

Julian Robbins wrote:

> Hi
>
> Understandably, people keep asking about imposition tools in linux, and
> PDFTK and multivalent always get mentioned.
>
> I found the tool 'laidout' the other day. I'm not an expert in this
> whatsoever, but wondered why this is never mentioned? It is GUI driven
> which might help some people who are not so happy with cmd line perhaps.
> It a bit quirky looking, but is another tool that might help ..

What, you expect us to advertise for our competition? ;-)
No, seriously, I only heard about laidout a few weeks. It looks very
interesting.
Does anyone have experience with using laidout for imposition?

> Also, there IS the beginnings of a useful PDF GUI Editor in Linux -
> called PDF Editor http://pdfedit.petricek.net

That one is mentioned once in a while in our #irc channel and needs
watching.

/Andreas