[Scribus] Bug# 5929 - Add language

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sat Jun 23 22:20:00 CEST 2007

On Saturday 23 June 2007 16:55:57 Brian Wilson wrote:
> I requested that Lao, Thai, Khmer, and Vietnamese be added to the
> F2>text>Language list.  I am seeking to publish in all of these languages.
> (I have recently begun directing a small translation center and publishing
> service in Thailand for the regional languages.)
>

> Now I am wondering what the Language list does?  I have clicked through all
> the different languages and I don't see any difference to my text.  What
> does this function do?
>

> The purpose of reporting the bug was to get the Southeast Asian language
> names added to the list.  After that, this particular bug should be closed.
> Then each language issue can be discussed under separate threads.
>

> Brian Wilson

Until there are hyphenation files for these languages, they cannot appear in
the list on properties palette or style manager. Once the GUI has been
translated they can appear in the gui language selector in preferences.

It is not the case that they get added to the list without these files
existing.

HTH

Craig