[Scribus] A point of view on the GUI : scale to frame size and adjust frame to image

Cedric Sagne cedric.sagne
Sat Jun 23 10:23:32 CEST 2007

All,

It has been discussed in this list of the menu items "Properties: image,
scale to frame size" and the contextual menu "Adjust frame to image".
It is rather common, I believe, to use the two one after the other in order
to:
- define the rough dimensions of an image frame from layout constraints
- get the image frame to gather the proportions of the image conveniently

image, scale to frame size" and the contextual menu "Adjust frame to image"
should be available jointly were discarded on the base that as one is
related to image properties and the other to frame properties.
I would like to point out that if the use I am describing is widespread,
such usability and convenience definately overrides a strict technical
distinction on image properties and frame properties attributes.

I would suggest that all people who feel this GUI minor tweak is worth it
open their mouth err their mail client "or be forever silent" so that it may
be considered in the light of how Scribus is used rather than how it is
built.
Obviously it is only through widespread use that GUI changes can be
considered - lest I were changed into a troll.

Cedric