[Scribus] Please help with 'simple' scripting task - print the current document

wayne iw
Fri Jun 22 21:36:15 CEST 2007

On Thu June 21 2007, Bill Hudacek wrote:

> Hi! I need help, and I'm at my wit's end.  I'm trying to use scribus to
> print tickets.
>
> I have 4 tickets per page, with 8 named text boxes.  I want to stuff a
> ticket number into the two boxes for a ticket (one on ticket, one on
> 'stub'), then do the same for the remaining three tickets.  I have this
> working.
>
> Rather than create hundreds of pages in a document, or hundreds of
> documents, I thought I'd simply print the page, then increment my
> counter by 4, repopulate the named text boxes, and print the page
> again...but I cannot figure out how to get the document to print!
>
> I found docs on the "Printer" object on the Scribus web site, but
> there's no info on how you actually use it.  None of the examples shows
> how it's used.  I even googled for 'allinurl: scribus .py' and spent a
> bit of time reading arbitrary scripts :-)
>
> Does someone have a trivial example of how to print the current
> document?
>
> I would be hugely grateful.  This is for the local Historical Society,
> and I'm late in getting the tickets printed now :-/

I couldn't figure out a way to print tickets from Scribus. I needed 1200
numbered tickets printed so I designed the ticket in Scribus, exported it
as a png file, then imported it into glabels. I also created a number
database and formatted it the way I wanted it to appear on the ticket
(000100, etc.). I imported that into glabels also where I was able to
print out 8 tickets per page. It worked out nicely.

If someone has an easier way to do this all from Scribus, let me know.

Wayne
Scribus 1.3.3.9