[Scribus] PDF problem

Thorsten Zörner mail
Tue Jun 19 13:38:05 CEST 2007

Hi Detlef,

a couple of thoughts.
I have offset printed already several color brochures with Scribus...
and a friend who owns Acrobat products to convert from RGB to CYMK.

First, I understand that 1.3.4 is not for production.
I wasn't even able to read my 1.3.3.x data properly into 1.3.4 on an
Intel Mac.
So, switch back to 1.3.3.9.

Secondly, with older versions I have tried to produce PDF files for
an offset printer...
to no avail. Now, I produce PDF and go to this friend of mine, who is
in graphics and
owns all these expensive software like Distiller and Photoshop.
He does a great job converting color spaces from RGB to CYMK.
So far I haven't been able to do this with Scribus.
Actually I am quite eager to see some improvement on this side,
as past, present and future versions of Scribus have been promising.
However, if the printing is done with a laser printer, the produced
PDF should do fine...
but then a print should doesn't expose anything.

So, the quick fix is to look for help with a person owning expensive
software.
It seems bad, but everything else takes more time, I am sure.

Kind regards,
Thorsten.