[Scribus] PDF problem

Plinnell mrdocs
Tue Jun 19 13:33:26 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 19 June 2007, GeWiLit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a serious problem:
> Using Scribus 1.3.4, openSuse 10.2
> I created a brochure sized DIN A 4 with 32 pages. Then I exported
> it to a printable PDF-File (highest resolution, embedded fonts,
> output Printer). The PDF looks fine on the screen.
>
> I sent it to the printing house and got the answer that the PDF is
> not printable. They could not expose it completely, until page 23
> it went well but then it refused to work. The guys in the printing
> house told me to use Adobe Acrobat Destiller and then it should
> work. First of all I don't have this software and second I can't
> believe it.
>
> I would appreciate a quick answer and hopefully a solution because
> otherwise I will loose my deadline.
>
> Detlef

Hi,

Without a copy of the PDF and possibly the File>  Collect from Output,
including all fonts and images we cannot diagnose the problem.

Is it possible for you to upload this to a private web page so the
developers can see it ? You can mail me off list and I can assure it
will be seen by the team.

Peter