[Scribus] "object has transparency" error

Jan Schrewe jschrewe
Tue Jun 19 04:42:12 CEST 2007

Frank Cox schrieb am Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 03:04:29 +0200
>
> Jan Schrewe <jschrewe at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Are you using cups? If you are, then you need to make most settings in
> > the cups admin interface (http://localhost:631) or use kprinter where you
> > get all the ghostview options.
>
> How would one do that as a user (not root)?  To the best of my current
> knowledge, one must be root to set cups options.

Yes. I suppose that is why acroread doesn't let you change anything. Cups will
filter it through ghostscript before sending it to the printer. So the cups
settings will be applied anyway.

At least I think that is how cups dows it. Our print server is currently
broken, so there is no way to trie this. Sorry.

Jan