[Scribus] Creating a newspaper from scrips

Alessandro Ronchi alessandro.ronchi
Mon Jun 18 09:28:28 CEST 2007

Hi to all.
My need is to create a newspaper from a wordpress blog, getting the
most important news and putting them in a single pdf file.
I want  to span in two columns and have an header.

My problem is I don't want to do it by hand every week, but I need a
script that gets the data (i already have it) and puts it in a
formatted way to pdf.

I didn't found anything that fits this need: latex doesn't support
multiple columns span (it's written on latex documentation) and
reportlab is too complicated and it lacks examples to write a text
spanned into two columns.

So I thought the best solution would be scribus, if it's possible to
use its documents from scripts and put the data into placeholder in
templates. I would write a scribus document and put the data into it
by scripts.

Is it possible?
Is there any example of such a thing?

Thanks in advance.