[Scribus] Newbie: SLA file won't open

Kevin Cole dc.loco
Fri Jun 15 21:41:02 CEST 2007

Hi,

Yesterday, was my first foray into Scribus. I created and saved a file
using scribus-ng.  Today, when I try to open it, the "hourglass" just
spins and spins.  I tried opening it with just plain old scribus, and
got the same result.

This is on Kubuntu Feisty, using whichever scribus-ng (and scribus)
came with it.  However, I just upgraded as per the instructions on the
Scribus wiki (http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_running)
and am now running scribus 1.3.3.9 and scribus-ng 1.3.4.

Also, the dialog boxes that do show up are very slow, like it's either
looking for something that's not there, or waiting for a lock file to
disappear, or some such.

Thanks.
--
Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo