[Scribus] Ventura Publisher

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen
Mon Jun 11 10:37:17 CEST 2007

Hi Frank,

> anyone know if Ventura will run under Wine? To see the format of the newsletter, check out
> http://www.hamfest.org/newvox.pdf.

I don't see anything Scribus shouldn't be able to do here.

> A question about Scribus -- when importing a picture into a document, does it have to be pre-
> sized to exactly the size you want it to occupy in the document or is there a way to adjust
> the size (other than cropping) within Scribus?

Usually, I do it this way (I use it in German, so I don't know the exact
English menues in Scribus for it):

- right-click on the picture after import into a frame and choose
"adjust frame to picture"

- in the edit box for images, check the box "adjust picture to frame,
keep proportions"

Does it help?

Regards
Rolf