[Scribus] Ventura Publisher

John R. Culleton john
Sun Jun 10 23:25:38 CEST 2007

On Sunday 10 June 2007 14:06, Frank Emens wrote:
> This may be the wrong place to ask this, but it is probably where
> I'll get the best answer. I have been using Ventura Publisher in
> Windows XP for years to create a monthly newsletter. Every so often
> I think about switching to linux (Ubuntu is the distro I have) but
> run into the problem of the newsletter. Is there a tool within the
> Linux world that will do what Ventura does? If so what is it?
> Scribus seems close, but leaves some things I'm not sure of. Does
> anyone know if Ventura will run under Wine? To see the format of
> the newsletter, check out http://www.hamfest.org/newvox.pdf.

If you learn Scribus well then you can probalbly do anything you need
to do for a newsletter in it. The method may seem strange but hte
results are achievable.

I use TeX on Linux for just about everything---for sale signs for the
yard, sheet music collections for my choir, sequentially numbered
armbands for dog shows, novels, memoirs, the whole bit.  But I have
been using it since the mid 90's.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting