[Scribus] Barcode generator price suffix.

John R. Culleton john
Sat Jun 9 15:06:04 CEST 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007 07:18, william f. maddock wrote:
> On Jun 9, 2007, at 3:14 AM, Petr Van?k wrote:
> > On so 9. ?ervna 2007, william f. maddock wrote:
> >> Is that third party software included with scribus? If not, how
> >> do we install it so that scribus will recognize it and use it?
> >
> > It's included in Scribus packages already. The GUI frontend can
> > be found at
> > menu: Extras > Barcode Generator
>
> Right. Found that. Now to figure out how to use it. It didn't send
> anything to the printer, nor did it provide anything to place in
> the document. I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.9, by the way.
>_____ _________________________
> http://www.lulu.com/billsey

I sugest as an alternative the bookland.py program found at:
http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland

It provides the optional price code add-on. The current Scribus
program doesn't. bookland.py runs standalone but someone cleverer
than I could probably tie it to Scribus. It will generate from either
10 digit format or 13 digit format and will calculate the check
digit.  I can enter:
bookland 978-1.60019-001-*  >test.ps
and get a 2007 style barcode and human-readable legend on top.
Or I can enter
bookland 978-1.60019-001-*  51995 >test2.ps

and get the same bar code but with the price extension and associated
bar code.

The resultant eps file can be imported into Scribus and placed like
any other graphic.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting