[Scribus] 1.3.4 on the homepage

Craig Bradney cbradney
Wed Jun 6 23:38:45 CEST 2007

> I think there is really a very big misunderstandig about the "status"
> of this 1.3.4 release. It should have been marked cvs or beta since
> the beginnig...
> It seems to be non stable, for non-production and developpment.
>
> This is what I understand in the answers on this list, and that the
> 1.3.3.9 and next 1.3.3.10 is the "stable" production branch...
>
> am I right?

You are right to some extent... however wrong in another.. 1.3.4 is a
development branch, and we have said so from before it was released.

Its not cvs, as it was a release. Its not a beta as it is not a prerelease.

It is a development branch, and thats it.

1.3.3.x is the stable branch and people not willing to roll with the punches
should use it. This is why we stabilised 1.3.3.x to give a good mix of
stability and the new features.

1.3.4 is usable for sure, but there are issues like in any development
version, and these will generally be fixed in the next development version.

Regards
Craig