[Scribus] snap to grid, page grid, baseline grid

Claus Wilke wilke
Sat Jun 2 22:42:15 CEST 2007

> I can't tell you what's wrong here but I can tell an easier way to achieve
> this. You won't even have to bother about drawing a perfect square with
> your mouse from the start!
I guess the checkerboard was a bad example. Yes, I know how I can create one,
but that's not the point. In reality, I have to create many boxes of
different sizes, but all corners of the boxes should align to specific grid
points. The grid is actually rather fine (1/16 in). I could manually set up
horizontal and vertical guides with 1/16 in spacing and achieve my result.
However, this procedure is rather tedious, and it seems that the page grid
would be made exactly for this kind of a situation. Only that it doesn't
work.

Does anybody else know how the page grid works, and whether the behavior I
have encountered is as intended or a bug?

Thanks,
  Claus