[Scribus] Scribus observations

Thorsten Zörner mail
Fri Jun 1 22:58:23 CEST 2007

On 01.06.07, at 22:05, Craig Ringer wrote:
> Charles Newbury wrote:
[... ]
>> Finally, up and running, the observation that Scribus? performance
>> seems
>> awfully sluggish compared to other applications on my machine.
> This is a known problem with Qt3 on Mac OS X. I understand that Qt4 is
> snapper on OS X.

The last couple of days I tried out both
* Aqua-Scribus 1.3.4, which uses QT 3.3.5,
* Scribus 1.3.4 compiled on my MacBook Pro, running 10.4.9,
2 GHz Intel Core Duo, using Fink 0.27.1 and qt3 3.3.8-1021.

Scribus 1.3.4 is fast and responsive as I know it to be.
Older versions used to be fast enough for my work even on my iBook
G3, 800MHz.

Aqua-Scribus on the contrary is currently only PPC, thus is emulated
by Rosetta,
and not really responsive enough to be productive with. But is this
automatically a qt3 issue?

What I am trying to say:
I don't seem to have performance problems due to QT3.

Kind regards,
Thorsten.