[Scribus] How to print?

BandiPat magicpage91
Fri Jun 1 18:17:35 CEST 2007

russbucket wrote:
[...]
> Just some input in answer to the above question. I run SUSE 10.2, Cups 1.2.7,
> Ghostscript 8.15.3 and Scribus 1.3.4 with a Xerox Phaser 6120. I have no
> problem printing to this printer but I am not using Gutenprint PPD's. I use
> the PPD supplied by Xerox. This would seem to indicate the problem being
> discussed maybe in Gutenprint.
>
> ---------------

Ok, thanks Russ for the info.  I would have thought maybe that was the
case as well, but as I mentioned, when using SuSE 10.1, I converted to
Gutenprint when it came out.  I was also able to print from Scribus
still, if memory serves me correctly.  It was also the first time I ever
got a decent print from Gimp as well.  ;-)

If there were other problems, any, from other applications that print or
using the lpr command, I might think Gutenprint was at fault as well,
but I have reservations in blaming that now.

Pat

--
        ---Zenwalk v4.6--Linux 2.6.21---
         Registered Linux User #225206