[Scribus] Fwd: How to print?

BandiPat magicpage91
Fri Jun 1 17:27:04 CEST 2007

Thorsten Z?rner wrote:
> Well, Scribus 1.3.4 does print...
>
> MacBook Pro, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, MacOS X 10.4.9, Fink 0.27.1 -
> unstable tree
>
> After some problems of CMake finding the right qt3 and much help from
> Martin Costabel
> I was finally able to compile it. It runs well and smooth and feels
> faster than Aqua-Scribus,
> which at this time is only PPC.
>
> So I opened a file and printed it on my Canon PIXMA MP530, using the
> driver provided by Canon.
> It worked immediately, however the color were quite off - well, I
> didn't care about the color settings.
>
> Maybe I am discussing apples and your're discussing pears...
> but the statement "Version 1.3.4 does not print at all" is thus not
> true.
>
> Cheers,
> Thorsten.
Yes, Thorsten, that would be the case, apples & pears.  Reread the question:

"Can anyone print a Scribus file directly to their attached printer from
Scribus using Scribus' printing mechanism and Linux using CUPS &
Gutenprint drivers?"

It has to do with Linux and it's programs it seems.

Pat

--
        ---Zenwalk v4.6--Linux 2.6.21---
         Registered Linux User #225206