[Scribus] How to print?

avox avox
Fri Jun 1 15:41:21 CEST 2007

BandiPat-2 wrote:

> avox wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> This is *not* a Scribus bug. You should complain to your distro / CUPS /
>> GutenPrint
>> to get this fixed. GhostScript has no problem at all to produce an RGB
>> bitmap instead
>> of a CMYK one if instructed so. Your print system just messes up (and not
>> making the
>> fatal Gutenprint message visible to the end user is a bug in itself in my
>> opinion)
>>
>> /Andreas
> ==============
>
> Ok, Andreas, if we are going to start assigning blame, let's put this
> question out there.
>
> Can anyone print a Scribus file directly to their attached printer from
> Scribus using Scribus' printing mechanism and Linux using CUPS &
> Gutenprint drivers?
>
> Since I believe the answer is going to be "no" from everyone, what do
> you assign the blame to at that point?  If it were not somehow
> associated with Scribus, wouldn't we have problems with every other
> application that prints in Linux?  Or at least one other application?

Pat, I analyzed that bug with the help of the CUPS errorlog.
I'm not guessing here. I'm sure that if you find another application
which produces a PostScript file using /DeviceCMYK it won't print
either.

In your case it's probably another bug since kprinter works for you.
What happens if you print to file and print that with "lpr filename"
from the terminal?

/Andreas