[Scribus] input bug in ubuntu

Daniel Luedemann danlud
Fri Jul 27 10:55:13 CEST 2007

Hi all,
I started working with Scribus yesterday and I faced that nasty bug that
prevents from setting sizes and positions of objects (I'm using Kubuntu and
my system is in french).
I searched over the net, and it seems to be a problem present in all
*ubuntu.

One workaround is to start scribus using "LC_ALL=C scribus". The downside
is that accents don't work anymore.

I eventually found another (better?) workaround: just remove the package
"scim-qtimm". That way I can start scribus normally, I can enter values for
sizes (manually or with the spinbox) and accented characters are working.

Daniel