[Scribus] Overprint

Luis Tercero luis.tercero
Fri Jul 27 09:28:04 CEST 2007

> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:08:32 -0400
> From: "Louis Desjardins" <louis.desjardins at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] Overprint
>
>> > Dear Scribes,
>> >
>> > I am working on a newsletter to be printed in two colors (C+K) and need
>> > the black to always overprint the cyan.  I've found many posts saying
>> > this is possible and some showing how to do it in a previous version
>> > (1.2, I think) but I cannot find it anywhere now.  I am using Version
>> > 1.3.3.9 on Windows XP.
>>
> Hi Luis, I am not aware of a feature allowing specifically to set a
> color as overprint. A workaround to this would be to create a color
> made of Cyan and Black, for instance 100% C + 100% Black. This will
> give the overprint result you are looking for. HTH Louis Thanks!
Hi Louis,

thanks for the reply and the suggestion.  Making a color as you suggest
would do something similar to what I want, but not quite exactly.  As
far as I understand, the printer runs over the paper twice, once with C
and once with K; if the paper is not exactly aligned both times, you get
white borders around the K (where there was no C to begin with and the K
would have been if it were perfectly aligned), this is why they require
us to deliver source with overprint.
Looking around in a German forum I found out that Scribus 1.3.3.X does
not support overprint (so no wonder I wasn't finding it!) but 1.3.4
(devel) does, so upgrading does the trick for me.
By the way, 1.3.4 is very nice. Especially the style manager is a huge
step over the previous version, and the overprint function comes just in
time...

Luis