[Scribus] Cannot manually change frame width/height

Martin Tlustos martin_tlustos
Wed Jul 25 15:08:21 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 24. Juli 2007 schrieb scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de:
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:02:57 +0200
> From: Matthias Bodenbinder <matthias at bodenbinder.de>
> Subject: [Scribus] Cannot manually change frame width/height
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>
> Hello,
>
> I tried various scribus versions but all(!) show a nasty behaviour that
> prevents the manual setting of frame widht or height.
>
> When I open the preference dialog for a frame (F2) I want to enter a frame
> width of, lets say, 5 cm. But when I do that the frame size is always set
> to 0.005xx cm. The frame becomes microscopically small.
>
> The only way for me to chage the frame size is by using the mouse ad
> dragging the frameborders.
>
> I can not believe that this is intentional. How do you guys create a
> textframe that is exactly 5x7 cm and the ?upper left corner is at 2x2 cm?
>
> Matthias
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:06:14 +0200
> From: Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>
> Subject: Re: [Scribus] Cannot manually change frame width/height
> To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I suppose you are running Scribus under *buntu.
>
> Unfortunately, the bug you stumbled across is a *buntu issue. The Scribus
> developers can't fix this.
>
> See: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=3826 and
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Getting_Scribus_on_Ubuntu/Kubuntu_up_and_
>running
>
> HTH
>
> Christoph

There is a (somewhat annoying) workaround. You have to select another spinbox
with numbers than the one you want to change. Then you can change the numbers
in the box with your wheel and using shift, ctrl and alt. But as soon as you
click in it, the numbers are reset to something near zero.
Works in both Edgy and Feisty, and with different versions of Scribus.

Martin