[Scribus] Pre-use question about Scribus and a certain PNG image

william f. maddock billsey
Thu Jul 19 13:27:26 CEST 2007

On Jul 18, 2007, at 6:47 PM, dax702 wrote:

>  Hi all, I just did a search on Google for desktop publishing and went
> to Wikipedia and that's how I found out about Scribus. I have to put a
> 60 page book together for printing and it will include these music
> notation references throughout the book. The music part was done a
> long time ago and the only output option from that software that seems
> like it will be usable for print is "high resolution png" I have
> attached one of these png files output from that software (though not
> the stuff for the book). What I would need to do is cut up a big image
> like this into the small references and place them throughout the
> book. What I need to know is if Scribus can successfully import this
> type of image, and ultimately, can I use it for a finished printed
> book?  If anyone who is experienced with this type of situation could
> point me in the right direction as to what would be the best way to
> get these musical reference images into the book, I would be most
> appreciative!

Is it possible for you to re-enter the music in a modern music software
package, such as Finale, or Sibelius? I know that Finale (and I believe
Sibelius also) can produce postscript files of your music, and that
might be much better to work with. Certainly it's a little more effort
to re-enter the music, but I believe the results would be worth it.
http://www.lulu.com/billsey