[Scribus] Quick and dirty columns

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 18 15:42:08 CEST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 18. Juli 2007 06:18 schrieb Rhys Evans:
> Something I find handy in InDesign is right-aligning text then using tab to
> split the text to left aligned left of the tab and right aligned to the
> right. Is there a way I can achieve this in Scribus? It doesn't seem to do
> the same automatic alignment of words on multiple lines using tab either
> but is there another method?

Well, it seems to me that it works exactly the same way in Scribus. Select
your text frame, open the Properties Palette (F2) and go to the "Shape" tab.
There you'll find a button called "Tabulators" which offers what you need.

Once the tab stops are set, you'll see them in the horizontal rulers, at least
when you're in the editing mode for the text frame. You can move them with
the left mouse button and change the alignment with the right one.

HTH

Christoph